- Are you a carer for someone in your family or community
- Would you like your loved one cared for so you can have a break from caring and meet your own needs?
- Do you or your loved one need some social, mental or physical stimulation?
- Happy to get out of the home for a day, meet new people, do new things?
Our Respite service allow members of the community to participate in an interactive social respite program, in a supportive environment, with a nurse on hand. This service is critical in supporting both the care recipient and carer and provided a safe sanctuary for people to stay connected whilst addressing their health care needs.
This service can be provided in the community for in home and/or community based respite and in our custom built centre based centre.
During the day, centre-based participants will:
- have access to their own fully furnished private room and bathroom
- be offered a range of interesting activities
- have access to comfortable day sitting rooms, to meet and chat with other people
- have morning and afternoon tea, and access to tea-making facilities throughout the day
- be provided with a delicious three-course lunch
- be able to receive visitors
- be able to pre-arrange appointments with health professionals to meet ongoing needs.
Home based respite is provided in your home at a time that is suitable to meet your needs. Assistance can be provided at home with:
- daily living tasks (showering, personal care, home care)
- interesting acitivies
- getting out into the community
- being able to attend appointments etc