Health Promotion practitioners are responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion policies and projects. They use a variety of strategies, including health education, mass media, community development and community engagement processes, advocacy and lobbying strategies, social marketing, health policy, and structural and environmental strategies.
You will see our Health Promotion Officer working in the community to….
- Promote the prevention of family violence and violence against women.
- Promote a reduction in the consumption of sugar sweetened beverages and an increase in water consumption.
- Promote health and wellbeing approaches in education settings (with a focus on sexual reproductive health)
- Support local settings, like schools and kindergartens to engage and participate in the Healthy Together Achievement Program
- Work in partnership with other local organisations
If you would like more information please call 56839780