Mental Health Counsellor (0.63 EFT), permanent part-time
Classification –dependent on qualifications in accordance with the relevant EBA
South Gippsland Hospital is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Mental Health Counsellor to join our dynamic Allied Health team. This position will improve the health and wellbeing of people in South Gippsland through the provision of safe, high quality mental health services in accordance with the Primary Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Stepped Care model.
To be suitable for this role you must have:
• Mental Health credentialing and accreditation with a relevant professional peak body
• Current community based clinical experience, with a minimum of five years’ experience in mental health counselling.
• A strong working knowledge of the evidence base surrounding common mental health issues for people in the target group, including indicated management for high prevalence disorders
• A strong working knowledge of indications of risk in people experiencing serious mental ill health
• A sound understanding of the Primary Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Stepped Care model
• Demonstrated skill in participating as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary team
• Current Australian Driver’s Licence
• Current Working with Children and Police Check
Enquires to the Allied Health Manager, Justine Kleeman on 5683 9780.
Applications must include:
• a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria within the position description
• a current resume outlining relevant experience
Applications to be submitted to Shianne Murray, HR Manager, by COB Wednesday 7th October 2020 HR@sghs.com.au or mail to PO Box 104, Foster 3960.
Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse Midwife, Grade 2
• Current Registration with Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board as a Registered Nurse / Midwife
• Ability to provide evidence based midwifery and/or nursing care as part of an interdisciplinary healthcare team
• Ability to work across all shifts on the roster including night duty and weekends
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in nursing and midwifery care (where applicable)
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
• Values aligned with the South Gippsland Hospital
Enquiries: Contact Marion Bowron, DON 5683 9713 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to: Human Resources Manager, South Gippsland Hospital, PO Box 104, Foster Victoria 3960 or emailed to HR@sghs.com.au