Nurse Unit Manager Perioperative Service
0.84 EFT, Permanent Part time
Nurse Manager, Level 2
South Gippsland Hospital (SGH) welcomes appropriately qualified and experienced nurses to apply for the above position.
You will be responsible for the effective management of the Perioperative service including the sterilization unit.
This position is a key role within the senior nursing leadership group at SGH and reports directly to the Director of Nursing (DON).
Key Selection criteria:
Demonstrated clinical and senior leadership experience in the perioperative setting
2. Demonstrated ability to provide inspirational and strategic leadership and management
3. Demonstrated skills to align team to organisational values and behaviours
4. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of information management systems and programs
5. Demonstrated ability to manage service and projects within allocated budget
6. Demonstrated ability to implement and manage
To enquire, please contact Claire Kent, DON on 0417 035 850
Applications: Applications should address the key selection criteria and include a one page covering letter and current resume.
Apply to: Shianne Murray, Human Resource Manager, HR@sghs.com.au
Applications will remain open until permanently recruited.
Social Support Worker – Casual
Classification – Welfare Worker Class 1 or 2 according to experience
A vacancy exists for a casual worker to assist clients within our Social Support Groups, helping clients to attend and participate actively in the groups.
The South Gippsland Hospital Social Support program is designed to enhance people’s independence by promoting physical activity, cognitive stimulation, good nutrition, emotional wellbeing and social inclusion for those who are frail aged, people living with a disability, and their carers. The position contributes positively as a member of the Social Support Group team to assist in the provision of a high quality activity programs, including group based social activities and active exercise programs for clients who are eligible under the guidelines.
To be suitable for this role you must have:
• Minimum Certificate III Aged Care (or equivalent).
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience post certificate.
• Current non-restricted Victorian Driver’s Licence.
Enquiries to: Justine Kleeman, Allied Health Manager on 56839782
Applications are to include a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria within the position description and your resume outlining relevant experience by 5pm Tuesday 9 March 2021
Apply to: HR Manager to HR@sghs.com.au or mail to PO Box 104, Foster 3960.
Allied Health Assistant
Classification – Allied Health Assistant, Grade 1 or 2, depending on qualifications
Are you a “people person”, with a demonstrated interest in Allied Health services? Do you enjoy supporting clients and patients with their individual health journey? Would you enjoy working within a supportive and caring multi-disciplinary Allied Health team?
A vacancy exists for an experienced Allied Health Assistant (AHA) to join our casual bank within the Allied Health and Transition Care Program team, helping clients to attend to and participate actively in their healthcare needs.
To be suitable for this role you must have:
- Well-developed decision-making and consumer advocacy abilities.
- A clear understanding of the social determinants of health.
- Demonstrated clinical skills and best practice knowledge relevant to AHA duties.
- The ability to collaborate and liaise with a variety of service providers, professionals, care givers and other stakeholders.
- Well-developed verbal written and IT communication and negotiation skills.
- Certificate IV Allied Health Assistance or equivalent (minimum requirement or working towards)
Enquires to the Allied Health Manager, Justine Kleeman on 5683 9782.
Applications must include:
- a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria within the position description
- a current resume outlining relevant experience
Applications to be submitted to Shianne Murray, HR Manager, by 5pm Friday 5th March 2021 HR@sghs.com.au or mail to PO Box 104, Foster 3960.
Registered Nurse & Midwife, Grade 2
• Current Registration with Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board as a Registered Nurse / Midwife
• Ability to provide evidence based midwifery and/or nursing care as part of an interdisciplinary healthcare team
• Ability to work across all shifts on the roster including night duty and weekends
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in nursing and midwifery care (where applicable)
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
• Values aligned with the South Gippsland Hospital
Enquiries: Contact Marion Bowron, DON 5683 9713 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to: Human Resources Manager, South Gippsland Hospital, PO Box 104, Foster Victoria 3960 or emailed to HR@sghs.com.au