South Gippsland Hospital Social Support Groups are a Department of Health funded service provided for people aged 65+. The groups offer an opportunity to socialise and enjoy activities (both in our facility and out in the community) with a meal provided. Transportation is supplied if required.
We have two groups currently operating as follows:
- Tuesdays 9.30am to 2.30pm
- Thursdays 9.30am to 2.30pm
Both groups offer a range of different activities, including but not limited to, art, craft, games, woodwork, DIY, gardening, seated exercises, board games, Bingo and guest speakers.
There are many reasons to join one of our Social Support Groups:
- Affordable recreational, leisure and social activities
- Meeting people and making new friends
- Staying connected to the community and social interaction
- Maintaining skills needed for living independently
- Keeping the body and mind active
- Respite for carer/s
For further information, please phone the Community Health Centre between 9.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Thursday on 03 5683 9780.