Enrolled Nurse- Medication Endorsed
Seniors Day Stay Pilot Program
0.42 EFT Fixed term, 8 weeks
Classification – EN level 3.2 or 3.3 (IB74 or IB75)
South Gippsland Hospital is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Enrolled Nurse to deliver an 8 week pilot Seniors Day Stay (SDS) program in the newly refurbished Banksia building.
The SDS program provides an extended day respite service for frail clients with entry level needs. The program centres around a community model of health providing a social, physical and emotional program focusing on individual wellness.
The Enrolled Nurse, within their scope of practice, will work as part of the healthcare team to effectively plan and implement safe health care to meet the individual needs of the SDS clients.
Tasks for the role may include (but not limited to):
• Provision of high quality, client directed services in the SDS program
• Assistance with daily living activities and personal hygiene tasks.
• Assisting participants with program activities including; board and computer games, exercises, craft and outings
• Identifying and reporting situations that require assistance from other healthcare staff.
To apply please provide a current resume and covering letter clearly addressing the selection criteria within the Position Description for this role to HR@sghs.com.au by 5pm 15 May 2020.
Any queries, contact Shianne Murray HR Manager (03) 56839717
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Security Services Contract
South Gippsland Hospital is seeking interest from a Security Contractor to supply a daily onsite support and response service to assist with ensuring the safety of our patients, staff, buildings and infrastructure.
An initial short term contract will be awarded (until 31 August 2020) to the contractor that has the appropriate qualifications, skills, attributes and experience. An extension may be entered into, subject to available funding.
To be considered for this service, you will be required to:
- provide a security presence for the South Gippsland Hospital, Foster Hospital, Foster, 7 days per week at the times specified in the contract.
- conduct an internal and external site patrol through all hospital buildings.
- respond to Code Black/Grey calls, whilst on site or after hours (as per the agreed contractual times).
- control access to the main entrance of the hospital.
- monitor special patients when required.
- undertake other tasks as required to assist with the secure functioning of the health service and its operations.
- demonstrate experience and expertise in the provision of security services.
- have excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication.
- uphold values aligned with the South Gippsland Hospital.
- meet the insurance, confidentiality, privacy and other contractual arrangements.
Paul Greenhalgh, Chief Executive Officer on 0427 093 058 for sample contract template and application form.
Human Resources Manager, South Gippsland Hospital, PO Box 104,
Foster Victoria 3960 or email to HR@sghs.com.au
Closing date: Wednesday 13 May 2020
Occupational Therapist (0.8 EFT), Fixed Term – Maternity Leave Position for up to 13 months
Classification – Occupational Therapist, Grade 1 or 2 depending on qualifications and experience
An opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Grade 1 or Grade 2 Occupational Therapist (OT) with current AHPRA registration to join our dynamic Allied Health team. You will be providing high quality coordinated OT services in association with other clinicians, the client and family/carers in the community and acute hospital settings.
To be suitable for this role you must have:
• Demonstrated clinical skills best practice knowledge and qualifications relevant to OT Grade.
• Well-developed decision-making and consumer advocacy abilities.
• The ability to collaborate and liaise with a variety of service providers, other health professionals, clients and their families and care givers.
• Well-developed verbal, written and IT communication and negotiation skills.
• A current Victorian driving licence, successful Police and Working with Children’s Check.
• Experience in acute, sub-acute and/ or community care
• The capability to deliver OT services during the COVID19 pandemic in accordance with Safer Care Victoria and Department of Health and Human services guidelines.
Position enquires to the South Gippsland Hospital Allied Health Manager, Justine Kleeman on PH: 5683 9782 or 0499 278 380.
Applications must include:
• a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria within the position description
• a current resume outlining relevant experience
Apply by sending your resume along with cover letter containing Key Selection Criteria responses to the Rural Workforce Agency Victoria (RWAV) attention Angela Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call RWAV on PH: 93497 7800 for further application details.
Relocation grant assistance may be provided by RWAV * eligibility criteria applies
Please note ALL applications are to be sent to RWAV, applications will not be processed by South Gippsland Hospital
Registered Nurse -Grade 2
Casual Bank Acute or District Nursing
The successful applicant must demonstrate the following attributes:
• Current Registration with Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board as a Registered Nurse
• Ability to provide evidence based nursing care as part of an interdisciplinary healthcare team
• Ability to work across all shifts on the roster including night duty and weekends
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in nursing
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
• Values aligned with the South Gippsland Hospital
Enquiries: Paul Greenhalgh, Director Of Nursing on 0427 093 058
Apply to: Human Resources Manager, South Gippsland Hospital, PO Box 104, Foster Victoria 3960 or emailed to HR@sghs.com.au.
Home Care Package Program- South Gippsland Hospital
Expression of Interest to deliver services such as: domestic gardening, mowing, home maintenance and/or minor home modifications
The primary role of the South Gippsland Hospital (SGH) Home Care Packages (HCP) Program is to assist older people to live at home independently. To do this we need a variety of gardeners, trades people and handy people able to clean carpets and windows, provide ‘spring cleaning’ services, provide domestic house and garden maintenance and/or complete minor home modifications for our HCP clients. All work will be on a needs basis billed by you directly to SGH under your ABN. No set hours can be guaranteed.
If you are experienced/qualified in any of these tasks and are interested in providing services for the SGH Home Care Package program please complete the Expression of Interest template (link above). In this template you will be required to outline your experience and qualifications, clarify the work you are interested in, include relevant contact details and provide current referee details and return via the email to HR@sghs.com.au
If you are successful in your application you will also need to meet the SGH HCP Program Guidelines including providing a current ABN, Police and Working with Children (WWC) checks, liability insurance and signing a formal SGH Service and Confidentiality Agreement.
For more information regarding this EOI please contact Shianne Murray, Human Resources Manager at HR@sghs.com.au